The Prevent Agenda
Prevent is one of four work strands which make up the government‘s counter-terrorism strategy – CONTEST. The aim of CONTEST is to reduce the risk to the UK and its interests overseas from terrorism.
- Pursue – focuses on detecting, investigating and disrupting terrorist threats to the UK and our interests overseas.
- Protect – aims to reduce the vulnerability of the UK and UK interests overseas to terrorist attack. This includes aviation security for both cargo and passengers.
- Prepare – aims to minimise the impact of any attack, manage any incidence of an ongoing attack and recover quickly and effectively
- Prevent – aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
As the preventative strand of CONTEST, Prevent will:-
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat faced by the UK from those who promote it
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- Work with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, the internet and health) where there are risks of radicalisation which need to be addressed
As part of Ilmington Primary School’s ongoing safeguarding and child protection duties we are fully behind the government’s Prevent Strategy. Our Safeguarding Team attend regular training and are responsible for ensuring that staff receive WRAP training sessions on what Prevent is about and how to deal with any issues they may see inside or outside school.
Prevent Website link here.
Ilmington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, governors, visitors and parents to share this commitment.